Note:Replacement filter for CTO is now the 155583-43 EP20BB Carbon block by Ametek or give our new eco friendly carbon block a try FXB20CL2.
MATRIKX + CTO ® /2 filters are the most widely used carbon block devices in the world and provide previously unattainable performance at the lowest price point. MATRIKX + CTO ® /2 filters simultaneously remove chlorine taste and odor and organic chemicals that contribute to taste and odor while providing the particulate filtration and dirt-holding capacity of an efficient 5 µm nominal sediment filter. These filters are optimized for applications where they perform the role of both a sediment and activated carbon filter. The extrusion process allows the production of a carbon block with more carbon, but a lower pressure drop. This enables a MATRIKX + CTO ® /2 filter to deliver extended life while removing sediment, chlorine taste and odor and organic contaminants from water, aqueous solutions or suspensions. The MATRIKX + CTO ® /2 is also widely used in filtering organic solvents. The MATRIKX + CTO ® /2 is ideal for use in residential and commercial water purification systems, food service, pre - and post- RO systems. MATRIKX + CTO ® /2 or GAC? The MATRIKX + CTO ® /2 is manufactured from high purity acid-washed activated carbon. Its dirt-holding capacity and the absence of carbon fines makes the MATRIKX + CTO ® /2 the filter of choice. A superior carbon block, MATRIKX + CTO ® /2 combines both high performance and integrity with an exceptional cost-to-performance value. As a result, MATRIKX + CTO ® /2 virtually renders GAC filters obsolete by comparison.
Extruded Activated Carbon Block Filter The Workhorse
• 5 µm Nominal Filtration
• High Adsorptive Capacity and Efficiency
• Efficient Sediment Filter
• No Release of Carbon Fines
• Competitively Priced vs. GAC filters
• Performance Tested and Verified by Independent Laboratory Testing
COMPONENT The MATRIKX + CTO ® /2 is Tested and Certified by NSF International under NSF/ANSI Standard 42 for material requirements only.
Part No.: 32-425-125-20
O.D. x Length: 4.25” x 20”
Weight: 5.60 lbs.
Reduction Capacity @ Flow: >6,000 gal. @ 1.0 GPM
Micron Rating Reduction 5 µm
Initial filter differential pressure loss: 4.5 psid @ 7.0 GPM
Special order filters are available in varying sizes with lengths from 1” to 60”. Standard filters are finished with a prefiltration medium. A protective polypropylene netting is applied to the exterior of the cartridge. Polypropylene end caps with compression gaskets fit most standard housings. Inquire concerning alternative filter finishing options, including alternative end cap and housing interface styles, a wide range of non-standard extruded filter sizes, and non-standard prefiltration systems. EXTRUDED CARBON = EXCEPTIONAL VALUE MATRIKX® + 1 filters consist of activated carbon particles fused into a uniform block with enhanced adsorptive capacity and efficiency. MATRIKX® + 1 filters flow in a radial (outside-to-inside) direction, providing increased dirt-holding capacity and low pressure drop. Unlike granular activated carbon (GAC) filters, MATRIKX® + 1 cartridges will not channel or bypass due to the extreme uniformity of their extruded activated carbon core. Service life of the MATRIKX® + 1 filter is greatly extended by a prefiltration medium.
• No channeling
• No fluidizing
• No bypassing
• Eliminates release of carbon fines
• Lowest extractables, pure materials of construction
• Maximum service life and resistance to fouling
• Graded density prefiltration design
• Manufactured using FDA-compliant materials
1. Performance of a given MATRIKX® extruded carbon filter varies in direct proportion to the total weight of carbon in each filter. For example, a 4.25” O.D. x 20” L MATRIKX® filter contains approximately seven times as much activated carbon as a 2.50” O.D. x 9.75” L MATRIKX® filter, and will therefore have seven times the rated chlorine taste and odor capacity when operated at seven times the rated flow of the smaller cartridge. Hence, rated flow is based on maintaining identical contact/residence times for all filters.
2. Projected chlorine taste and odor reduction capacity when tested in accordance with NSF/ANSI Standard 42 protocol.
3. Nominal particulate rating (0.6 µm) is for >85% of a given size as determined from single-pass particle counting results.*
4. Absolute particulate rating (2 µm) is for >99.9% of particles of a given size as determined from single-pass particle counting results.** *Nominal Filter Rating: Filter rating indicating the approximate size particle, the majority of which will not pass through the filter. It is generally interpreted as meaning that 85% of the particles of the size equal to the nominal micron rating will be retained by the filter. (WQA Glossary of Terms, Third Edition, 3-97). ** Absolute Filter Rating: Filter rating meaning that 99.9% (or essentially all) of the particles larger than a specific micron rating will be trapped on or within the filter. (WQA Glossary of Terms, Third Edition, 3-97).
Maximum Operating Temperature: 125°F
Maximum Operating Pressure: 250 psig
Maximum Differential Pressure: 100 psid
Collapse Pressure: 200 psid
MATRIKX® + 1 filters are not to be autoclaved or steam-sterilized.
Use MATRIKX® + 1 carbon filters only with microbiologically safe and adequately disinfected water. Activated carbon filters are not designed to kill or remove bacteria or viruses.
Actual results obtained will vary with various combinations of organic contaminants, changes in pH or other conditions encountered in actual use. All information presented here is based on data believed to be reliable. It is offered for evaluation and verification.